Skip to main content

Money & Benefits

In this section you can find out about benefits, grants and funding that may be available to support your child, or you as a parent or carer.

There are several independent organisations in Ealing that can help you identify and claim financial support and provide advice on managing money.

The main benefits you may be entitled to, include:

  • Disability Living Allowance (DLA) age 0-16
  • Free childcare and help with childcare costs
  • SEN Inclusion Funding (SENIF) and Disability Access Fund (DAF) 
  • Personal Independence Payment (PIP) age 16-64 years
  • Free school meals
  • Personal Budget and Direct Payments
  • Benefits for Carers
  • Help with Transport (Travel Assistance, Blue Badge, Taxi Card)
  • Universal Credit, Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

There’s a useful overview of the financial help that’s available for disabled people on the GOV.UK website and you can also use an independent benefits calculator to find out what support you might qualify for and receive an estimate of how much you could recieve. 

Disability Living Allowance

Disability Living Allowance may help with the extra costs of looking after a child who is under 16 and who has difficulties walking or needs more looking after than a child of the same age who doesn’t have a disability.

DLA for children is a tax-free benefit made up of 2 components (parts). The child might qualify for one or both components. It is also not affected by your income, savings or employment status.


The child will need to meet all the eligibility requirements. To qualify for DLA, the child must:

• be under 16
• need extra looking after or have walking difficulties
• be in Great Britain, another European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland when you claim - there are some exceptions, eg family members of the Armed Forces
• have lived in Great Britain for 2 of the last 3 years, if over 3 years old
• be habitually resident in the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man or the Channel Islands
• not be subject to immigration control

There are some exceptions to these conditions if the child is living or coming from another EEA country or Switzerland.

The rules on residence don’t normally apply if a child is terminally ill.

The child’s disability or health condition

The child’s disability or health condition must mean one or both of the following apply:
1 - they need more looking after than a child of the same age who doesn’t have a disability
2 - they have difficulty getting about

They must have had these difficulties for at least 3 months and expect them to last for at least 6 months. If they’re terminally ill (i.e., not expected to live more than 6 months), they don’t need to have had these difficulties for 3 months.

Care component

The rate the child gets depends on the level of looking after they need, such as:
 lowest rate - help for some of the day or night
• middle rate - frequent help or constant supervision during the day, supervision at night or someone to help while they’re on dialysis
• highest rate - help or supervision throughout both day and night, or they’re terminally ill

Mobility component

The rate the child gets depends on the level of help they need getting about e.g.:

• lowest rate - they can walk but need help and or supervision when outdoors
• highest rate - they can’t walk, can only walk a short distance without severe discomfort, could become very ill if they try to walk or they’re blind, severely sight impaired.


The DLA rate is between £21.80 and £139.75 a week and depends on the level of help the child needs.

How to claim

Use the DLA claim form to apply for Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for children under 16. The form tells you where to send your application 

You can order a printed form by telephoning the Disability Living Allowance helpline on telephone number 0800 121 4600 or textphone 0800 121 4523 from Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.

The DLA application form can be long and complex.  You may find it upsetting to complete the form, however, it is important to reflect the impact the disabilities and needs have on the family.

It is highly recommended to get help if you can. Make sure you keep a copy before you send it back. 

Local community groups and organisations that can help with advice and form filling:

Other helplines and national support groups may be able to help especially those relating to specific needs, such as the National Autistic Society

DLA can enable access to a wider range of benefits and support including:

Carers Allowance - if you care for someone receiving middle rate DLA for more than 35hours a week. 

More information including eligibility and application forms available, 

15 hours funded nursery placementf or two-year-olds- If your child is in receipt of DLA, you are entitled to access the free 15 hours nursery placement for two year olds.  See 'free childcare and help with childcare costs' for more information. 

Disability Access Fund (DAF) – Disability access funding for nurseries and pre school settings for 3 and 4 year olds.  This funding is paid directly to the setting and allows inclusion of children into the setting who may otherwise not be able to access a place due to e.g .increased staff ratios or specialist equipment. 

Parents/carers can speak to their child’s early years setting (nursery/childminder) about submitting an application.  

Free childcare and help with childcare costs

You can get help paying for childcare as long as your childcare provider is registered*

Support schemes currently available are:

• 15 hours of free childcare for 2 year olds. If your child is not recieving DLA then eligiblity will depend on parent/carer income. 

 Check elgibility for DLA
 Check  eligibility for 15 hours free childcare

• 15 hours of free childcare for all 3 and 4 year olds
• 30 hours of free childcare for eligible 3 and 4 year olds.
• Tax free childcare
• Tax credits for childcare
• Universal credit for childcare
• Support while you study

You can visit our childcare page for more information, or to learn about the full range of support available and to check elibiglity for the 30 hours funding visit 

If you are unsure about which option/s to best suits your childcare costs as some are not available in conjunction with others, you can use the government's Childcare Choices website and Childcare Calculator to find out more and compare which ones you are better off applying for.  

You can also contact the Family Information Service to talk through your options on 020 8825 5588 (Mon-Fri, 9am to 5pm) or drop them an email

*The law requires anyone providing childcare professionally for children under 8 for a period of more than two hours at a time to register with Ofsted.

Special Educational Needs Inclusion Funding (SENIF) and Disability Access Fund

There is extra money and support for nurseries and childminders looking after children with additional needs. There are 2 main sources of extra funding for  early years settings.  If eligible then they can claim both.

SEN Inclusion funding (SENIF) 

The SEN Inclusion Fund (SENIF) is money available to registered Early Years providers (nurseries, childminders etc.) for supporting children with special educational needs and/or disability (SEND).  The money is for use in the setting that the child attends and will be given to the provider to be used to support the needs of individual children with SEND.  

What is the funding used for?

Funding is use to support your child's needs within the setting e.g reducing child to adult ratio in order to support your child, purchasing sensory/specialist equipment, training staff in any relevant training etc. Providers will be required to evidence how they are using the funding.

What is the eligibility criteria?

2, 3 or 4 year olds without an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan,identified with a level of special educational needs and/or disability (SEND). Children aged under 2 may also be considered if there is a high level of need.  

Speak to your child's early years setting if you think they should apply for SENIF. They can complete the SENIF application , found under downloads.

Professionals can email  for more information. 

Disability Access Fund (DAF) 

If your child is aged 3-4 and receives Disability Living Allowance (DLA) then early years providers can apply for the Disability Access Funding. 

What is the funding used for?

If eligible, settings will recieve a one off payment of £615 which can be used by he setting to make reasonable adjustments to their provision. 

What is the eligibility criteria? 

Providers can apply for DAF if the child within thier setting is aged 3-4 and is accessing thier funded early years entitlement.  The child will also need to be in receipt of DLA. 

If you are a parent/carer and would like your setting to apply for DAF funding on your child's behalf, please complete the Disability Access Fund (DAF) form, found under downloads, and forward to your setting with a copy of your child's DLA letter. 


Personal Independance Payments age 16-64

Personal Independence Payments (PIP) helps with some of the extra costs incurred by long-term ill-health or a disability if you’re aged 16 to 64. You can get PIP whether you’re in work or not.  

How much can you get?

You could get between £23.20 and £148.85 a week if you’re aged 16 or over and have not reached State Pension age.The amount you get depends on how your condition affects you, not the condition itself. 

How to make a new claim:

You can make a new Personal Independence Payment (PIP) claim by calling the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).

Someone else can call on your behalf, but you’ll need to be with them when they call.
If you are eligible then the DWP will send a form. 

Moving from DLA to PIP

You can start the claim for your child if they are getting Disability Living Allowance (DLA), they have just turned 16 years old and they do not have the mental capacity to manage their own money.

When you call the DWP, tell them that you would like to be your child’s appointee. The DWP will arrange a meeting to:

• Check that your child needs an appointee
• Check that you are a suitable appointee
• Complete the BF56 application to become an appointee

You will only become your child’s appointee if and when you receive the BF57 confirmation letter.

As long as you apply for PIP on time, your child’s DLA will continue until their PIP claim has been decided.

You'll need to contact the Department of Work and Pensions to apply. Before you call, you’ll need:

•  your contact details, for example telephone number
•  your date of birth
•  your National Insurance number - this is on letters about tax, pensions and benefits
•  your bank or building society account number and sort code
•  your doctor or health worker’s name, address and telephone number
•  dates and addresses for any time you’ve spent abroad, in a care home or hospital.

Contact Department for Work and Pensions:

Tel: 0800 917 2222 

Textphone :0800 917 7777 from Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.

Lines are open Monday- Friday, 8am-6pm. 

You can find out more about claiming PIP, moving from DLA to PIP and challenging decisions in the Turn2us PIP guide 

Free school meals

Your child will be able to get free school meals if they’re in a government-funded school and in:

  • reception class
  • year 1
  • year 2

Your child may also be able to get free school meals after year 2 if you get any of the following:

  • Income Support
  • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
  • Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)

Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.

If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) 

Check eligibility online or speak to your child's school.

You can get in touch with the Free School Meals team below: 

Tel: 020 8825 5566 

Personal Budgets and Direct Payments

A personal budget is money you can use to pay for support services, like carers or specialist equipment. It gives you the freedom to choose the services best suited to your child’s/ young person’s needs. 

The amount you get is set out in an Education Health and Care Plan (EHC Plan).

Instead of receiving support through council services, now you can get money to pay directly for the services you need. You can choose a service recommended by the local authority, or you’re free to choose your own.

You’ll need to speak to your Education, Health & Care co-ordinator (EHCco)/ Social Worker about getting a personal budget to do this.

How you'll receive your personal budget

•  Direct Payment – an amount paid directly to you, allowing you to spend it on the services set out on in the plan
•  Arrangement - where the local authority looks after the budget for you and arranges service set out in the plan
•  Third Party Arrangement this is where you choose that your budget is managed by another person or organisation on behalf of the child
•  Any combination of these

What you can spend your personal budget on

Your EHCco will work with you to find the support which best suits your needs.
Depending on what your circumstances are, you’ll be able to spend your budget on


Your education plan may set out that mainstream support is not able to provide the support you need.

You could use your budget for

• specialist education equipment
• one-on-one support
• transport to and from the education provider

Social care

• Support in your home
• Community services
• Short breaks

How to apply for personal budget

To get a budget to support your child’s independence, you’ll first need to be assessed for an Education Health and Care Plan.

• when being assessed for an education health and care plan (EHC plan) your EHCco will ask you about a personal budget
• from assessment to final plan will take a maximum of 20 weeks
• a plan will be created with you and professionals to understand what support is best need for the child/young person
• from this, an estimate can be made as to how much funding the plan should cost.
• the budget and plan will only be finalised once you and the young person are completely happy with it.

Using and managing direct payments

You’ll get all the support you need to fully understand and use your direct payments.

This includes

• putting together a plan
• finding the right services
• employing assistants/ workers and setting up payrolls
• managing your accounts
You can use direct payments to
• pay someone to support you, like a personal assistant
• buy services agreed in your support plan
• join a group/ take part in activities which meet your needs
You can’t use direct payments for
• services not in your care plan, or that don’t suit your needs
• paying people cash in hand
• household expenses, like bills, clothing and food.

How to manage your payments

A bank account will need to be set up for you to use. The amount agreed that you will need for support will be sent to your account monthly.
Each payment will be sent a month in advance.
You’ll need to keep any receipts for services you pay for.

If you can’t manage your direct payments

You can nominate someone to manage them for you.


Direct payments do not affect your entitlement to benefits. 

Hiring care with direct payments

You can use your direct payments to buy agreed services.

• carers
• assistants
• care agency

We’ll give you all the support you need to hire people.

Employing relatives

The home family is so important to someone’s care; direct payments are not designed to replace that.

This means you can’t employ a direct family member who lives in the home – unless it’s an exceptional circumstance, like if a family member has particularly complex needs.

You can employ the following family members if they live outside the home.

• parent or parent-in-law
• son, daughter, son-in-law or daughter-in-law - except for children's services
• stepson or stepdaughter
• brother or sister
• aunt or uncle
• grandparent
• the husband, wife or partner of any of the relatives in this list

Choosing a care agency

To choose an agency:

• you can be recommended a list of providers by us
• or you can look at the care quality commission website. They make sure health and care services give safe and high quality care.

You’ll be responsible for directly dealing with the agency.

• Read the Citizens Advice guide to using direct payments for hiring care 

Employing someone to help with your care

• Read the government guide to employing people
• Read the Money Advice Service guide to employing staff here. 

Find answers to all your direct payments questions


You can find thousands of local care and support organisations and individuals.  This means you can organise your own care, and find assistants without having to go through social services. 

Visit the CarePlace website 

Carers UK

Access  information about asking for direct payments, plus questions and answers here

Visit the Carers UK website

Who to contact

To get direct payments paid to you, first you’ll have to be assessed. 

For children and young people aged 0 to 18 years: 

You’ll need to speak to your EHCco.  If you’re unsure call the Special Educational Needs Assessment Service (SENAS) on 020 8825 6910.  

For young people 18 to 25 years:

You’ll need to discuss this with your social worker.  If you’re unsure who your allocated social worker is, please contact Adult Services 020 8825 8000 (option 2 and 1).

Benefits for Carers

Carers allowance is the main benefit available for anyone who cares for someone more than 35 hours a week and they get certain benefits.

Carers credit can help with national insurance credits toward your state Pension if you do not get carers allowance but provide caring for more than 20 hours.

Carers Allowance

You could get £62.70 a week if you care for someone at least 35 hours a week and they get certain benefits.

You don’t have to be related to, or live with, the person you care for.

You won’t be paid extra if you care for more than one person.

Carer’s Allowance can affect the other benefits that you and the person you care for get. You have to pay tax on it if your income is over the Personal Allowance.


The person you care for must already get one of these benefits:

• Personal Independence Payment - daily living component
• Disability Living Allowance - the middle or highest care rate
• Attendance Allowance
• Constant Attendance Allowance at or above the normal maximum rate with an Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
• Constant Attendance Allowance at the basic (full day) rate with a War Disablement Pension
• Armed Forces Independence Payment
You might be able to get Carer’s Allowance if all of the following apply:
• you’re 16 or over
• you spend at least 35 hours a week caring for someone
• have been in England, Scotland or Wales for at least 2 of the last 3 years
• you normally live in England, Scotland or Wales, or you live abroad as a member of the armed forces
• you’re not in full-time education
• you’re not studying for 21 hours a week or more
• you earn no more than £110 a week (after taxes, care costs while you’re at work and 50% of what you pay into your pension) - don’t count your pension as income
• you’re not subject to immigration control

Effect on other benefits

Carer’s Allowance can affect the other benefits that both you and the person you care for get.

Find out more on the GOV.UK website 

Make a claim

To make a claim you will need:

• the date of birth and address of the person you’re caring for
• your bank or building society details

You may need to provide course details if you are studying, and any employment details including dates and how much you were paid.

You can backdate your claim by up to 3 months.

You can apply online by completing the online claim form.  

Carers credit

You could get Carer’s Credit if you’re caring for someone for at least 20 hours a week.
Carer’s Credit is a National Insurance credit that helps with gaps in your National Insurance record. Your State Pension is based on your National Insurance record.

To get Carer’s Credit you must be:

• aged 16 or over
• under State Pension age
• looking after one or more people for at least 20 hours a week

The person you’re looking after must get one of the following:

• Disability Living Allowance care component at the middle or highest rate
• Attendance Allowance
• Constant Attendance Allowance
• Personal Independence Payment - daily living component, at the standard or enhanced rate
• Armed Forces Independence Payment

If the person you’re caring for doesn’t get one of these benefits, you may still be able to get Carer’s Credit. When you apply, fill in the ‘Care Certificate’ part of the application form and get a health or social care professional to sign it.

Carers who don’t qualify for Carer’s Allowance may qualify for Carer’s Credit.

Breaks in caring and eligibility

You can still get Carer’s Credit even if you have breaks from caring (up to 12 weeks in a row).

For example, you’ll still get Carer’s Credit for 12 weeks if:

• you take a short holiday
• someone you look after goes into hospital
• you go into hospital
Keep the Carer’s Allowance Unit updated if you have a break in caring of more than 12 weeks in a row.

How to claim

You don’t need to apply for Carer’s Credit if you:

• get Carer’s Allowance - you’ll automatically get credits
• get Child Benefit for a child under the age of 12 - you’ll automatically get credits
• are a foster carer - you can apply for National Insurance credits instead

Apply using a form

Download the Carer’s Credit claim form.

The form includes a Care Certificate - ask a health or social care professional to sign it for you.

You can also get the form by calling the Carer’s Allowance Unit.

Carer’s Allowance Unit
Telephone: 0800 731 0297
Textphone: 0800 731 0317
Monday to Thursday, 8:30am to 5pm
Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
Find out about call charges

Flexible work arrangements 

All employees can apply for flexible working if they’ve worked continuously for the same employer for at least 26 weeks. Flexible working arrangements can support parents and carers to drop and pick up children or young people from their place of learning. 

You may wish to seek legal advice and support:

• Ealing Advice Service  offers free, impartial and confidential information and advice on a wide range of topics, including benefits, housing, legal, discrimination, employment, immigration and other problems.

• Ealing Carers Centre can advise you if you are unsure about the benefits you should be receiving. Advisors can help you complete benefit forms and offer advice about how to manage finances and/or debt.

Help with Transport

Having access to suitable and affordable transport can make a big difference to someone with additional needs.  This section provides information about travel options in Ealing, including:

• Travel Assistance  (Independence travel training, personal budget, LA arranged transport)
• TFL Travel Pass/Oyster card
• Taxi Card Scheme
• Blue Badge Scheme
• Ealing Plus Bus/Ealing Community Transport
• Flexible working arrangements
• Wheelchair accessible places of interest


The National Key Scheme (NKS) offers disabled people independent access to locked public toilets around the country

Find out more or purchase a RADAR key 

Travel Assistance

For a small number of children/young people with an EHCP, Ealing Council offers a range of travel assistance options.  The aim is to safely maximise the independence of young people now and in the future.  This could also save you money on fuel and taxi costs.  The travel options available include:

Independent Travel Training

Ealing Council's travel training enables students with SEND to travel safely and independently to their place of learning. Travel training is a fantastic way to increase confidence and independence and is an important life skill. 

Personal Independence Budgets (PIB)

Personal Independence Budgets are a payment the council makes to families  that enables them to make their own travel arrangements such as paying for bus fares or car mileage. 

Arranged Transport

Ealing Council arranges transport for pupils in some circumstances. This might include minibuses, coaches or taxis depending on the planned routes of vehicles and the needs of the child or young person.

You can read more about independant travel training, personal independance budgets and arranged transport on the Local Offer Travel Assistance page. 

How to apply?

If you would like to apply for travel assistance, please complete the application form which will be submitted to Ealing Council's Travel Assessor.

Alternatively, you can get in touch with the SEN Transport Team:

Ealing Plus Bus

An accessible and affordable door-to-door minibus service for people who cannot access public transport due to age, disability, or poor health. Passengers can use the PlusBus to access various services and facilities e.g. day centre, shopping, healthcare, and social and respite activities. Bookings can be taken up to three weeks in advance over the phone or via email. Drivers are friendly and fully trained.

You can find out more about Ealing Plus Bus / Community Transport  

To apply, contact 020 8813 3210 or email 

Taxicard Scheme 

The London Taxicard Scheme provides subsidised transport in taxis and private hire vehicles (minicabs) for people with serious mobility or visual impairments who find it very difficult or impossible to use mainstream public transport such as buses and tubes. The scheme is managed by London Councils and is jointly funded by Ealing Council and Transport for London. More information and application forms available here 

To apply, contact the Transport and Travel Team on 020 8825 5544 or email    

Blue Badge Scheme

The Blue Badge Scheme is a national arrangement of parking concessions for people with severe walking difficulties who travel either as passengers or are registered blind.

To apply you will need an application form, which you can get from your local Social Services office tel: (020) 8825 8000 (option 1 and option1) / 020 8825 8161

Read more about the blue badge scheme in the blue badge information resource found under downloads. 

Transport For London (TFL) Travel Schemes

There are a number of TFL schemes available to support young people and their families to travel independently, including:

Transport for London (TfL) 'Please Offer Me a Seat' Badge
This badge is available for free to passengers with hidden conditions and illnesses that are not easily noticed, such as vision impairments. The badge can be used across the entire TFL network, including buses, London Underground, Overground, and waiting areas on station platforms. TFL have advised that they will not ask customers requesting a badge for their medical history or supporting documentation.

You can request an application pack online or call 0343 222 1234

Transport for London (TfL) Travel Pass/Oyster Card

This allows free travel on buses and trams for children of school age up until the end of the academic year in which they turn 16. For further information and details about how to apply go to the Transport for London website, your local underground station or post office.

Visit the TFL website for more details on the various schemes available 

Call TFL customer Services on 0343 222 1234, for specific queries.

Accessible Places of Interest

AccessAble aims to make going out with accessibility needs a stress-free process by providing FREE detailed, accurate accessibility information.  This should eliminate any unexpected situations when going out and give you the information and detail you need to work out if a place is going to be accessible for you. 

You can search a huge range of places to go in the UK, such as hotels, restaurants, museums, tourist attractions and much more! 

Visit the Acessable website for more information.

Universal Credit, Housing Benefit, Tax Support

There are a range of social benefits that you can search and apply for including: Housing Benefit, Council Tax support, Universal Credit. 

Please visit the website for the full range of benefits available, to check eligibility criteria and to download claim forms.

Other Financial Help

Grants and charities

Charitable funding for equipment

You may find that equipment and/or adaptations for your child cannot be funded by statutory services and are therefore seeking alternative funding means - particularly charitable funding. To assist you in these situations, we have listed a range of national charities.

Before you seek charitable funding (or buy) equipment for your child, we would advise you to seek specialist advice. This will help you plan for both immediate and long term needs, will increase awareness of the alternatives on the market, and to check whether the equipment you need can be provided by the statutory services e.g from your Local Authority (if this hasn't already been investigated).

Note: Most applications require the support of a professional such as a health professional or social worker. Speak to a professional supporting you and your family for advice.

Charitable grants and gifts

Having a child with special educational needs can mean additional expenses as you may need specialist equipment, tools or extra help and support.

To help with the cost of these, there are a number of charitable grants that are available for you to apply for.

A grant is money, or a voucher, that contributes towards the cost of you buying something. Although it may not cover the full cost of the item, which means that you may need to pay something towards the full cost, a grant is almost always completely free.

Find out what grants are available for children with disabilities or learning needs and how to apply for them below

Family Fund - Largest UK fund provider for grants for a wide range of needs and equipment, including holidays.

Newlife - charity that supplies equipment and expertise as well as grants towards the purchase of specific equipment such as car seats

Turn2us - searches a large database of grants

Disability Grants - various grants available for those with a disability or additional needs.

Buttle UK- Buttle UK is a charitable organisation that provides a small grants programme providing  essential items for children and young people whose health, safety and well-being are at risk. The charity offers basic household items, such as a bed or a cooker, to children or isolated young people living in extreme circumstances.

The League of the Helping Hand- a national charity providing financial assistance to people who are in hardship due to illness or disability. This includes physical and mental health problems, learning disabilities and people caring for an adult or child with a disability. 

Managing Money- Online training offered by in association with The National Autistic Society, this guide covers a wide range of money-related topics and can be completed in one visit or accessed section by section over as many visits as required.

Support with applications and forms

It is highly recommended that you get support when completing application forms for financial help. Make sure you keep a copy before you send it back.

There are several independent organisations in Ealing that can help you identify and claim financial support and provide advice on managing money.

Click into each highlighted service below to find out more. 

 Ealing Advice Service offers free, impartial and confidential information and advice on a wide range of topics, including: benefits, housing, legal, discrimination, employment, immigration and other problems.
• Ealing Carers Centre can advise you if you are unsure about the benefits you should be receiving. Advisors can help you complete benefit forms and offer advice about how to manage finances and/or debt.
• Ealing Centre for Independent Living offers disabled people support around welfare benefits, can advise on money issues as well help with form filling.
• Contact Ealing has comprehensive information about disability benefits and tax credits that you may be entitled to, including what financial help your child may be eligible to claim once they reach 16.  Staff can also support with completing forms.
• Ealing  Specialist Advice Service (ESAS) is specifically for adults with additional needs, offering advice and practical help with forms in the following areas: housing, benefits, equipment, aids and adaptations, employment (e.g. Access to Work, adjustments to the workplace), transport and travel (e.g. blue badge, motability and freedom pass applications), health and social care, personal budgets and disability rights.
• Ealing Community Benefits Team is a council run team providing advice and assistance on benefits for Ealing residents. The team provides advice, assistance, and advocacy relating to welfare benefits. The service is primarily for vulnerable groups such as people with mental health needs.

Back to top