We are delighted to be delivering in the London Borough of Ealing the Holiday Activity and Food (HAF) programme which is being funded by the Department for Education. Funds have been made available to provide free holiday provision, including healthy food and enriching activities, for children and young people in receipt of benefits-related free school meals.
The programme covers the Spring, Summer, and Winter holidays, for a minimum of 1 week in Spring (Easter Holidays), 1 week in Winter (Christmas Holidays), and 4 weeks in the Summer, for 4 hours per day, 4 days per week.
Throughout the borough, HAF providers will be offering a range of free activities as well as a nutritious meal.
Please see below our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). If your query is not answered below, please contact us for further support: HAF@ealing.gov.uk.
This programme is aimed at children & young people in school years from reception to Y11 who are in receipt of benefits-related free school meals, and either live in the London Borough of Ealing or attend school in the London Borough of Ealing.
If you are currently not in receipt of benefits-related free school meals, but think you may be eligible, you can visit Free School Meals | Ealing Directory (ealingfamiliesdirectory.org.uk) to find out more and apply.
If your child or young person does not meet the above eligibility criteria, but you feel that they would benefit from attending HAF activities, professionals working with families can request a referral to attend HAF activities. To do so, please have the professional contact us to enquire: HAF@ealing.gov.uk.
Yes. All Ealing’s HAF providers are inclusive. When booking, please provide full details of your child’s individual needs and make contact with your chosen provider to discuss any adjustments that need to be made to support your child. Provider contact details can be found on the HAF bookings page. If you have any issues after contacting your chosen provider, please email HAF@ealing.gov.uk.
Within the month leading up to each HAF programme, all eligible children and young people will receive a HAF code, which confirms their eligibility and is used to book available activities.
To book, please visit our bookings page and select 'CLICK HERE TO BOOK'. This will take you to Ealing's HAF bookings website, where you will be able to see all of our HAF activities that are running, and can sign up with any of your chosen HAF providers. You will need the code as proof of eligibility when registering & booking.
To book HAF activites will need to:
- Visit Holiday Activity & Food (HAF) Programme Bookings | Ealing Directory (ealingfamiliesdirectory.org.uk) and access our bookings by selecting ‘CLICK HERE TO BOOK’.
- This will direct you to the Ealing HAF Coordinate Sport bookings page. Once you have chosen your activity from the list, click More Information. You will be able to see details such as what is running, times, dates, age-range and the venue address.
- Click Book Now for your chosen session.
- You will then be able to Sign In or Register. If you already have an account on our booking website, click to Sign In and enter your details. If you do not have an account, click to Register.
- If registering, enter your required Parent/Guardian details, and then click Add Participant to enter your childs details.
- When asked if your child is ‘Eligible for Free School Meals?’ select Yes.
- When asked to enter the FSM code, please enter your HAF/FSM Code.
- Once complete, click Save Details. Repeat the above steps until all eligible children have been added.
- Click Register at the bottom of the page to finish creating your account.
- Once signed in or registered, you will be able to complete your booking by selecting the child/young person that you want to book on to the activity.
- Select your chosen dates & sessions, then click Add to Booking Cart at the bottom of the page.
- You will then see a green confirmation box at the top of the page. Select View Booking Cart.
- You can click Booking Breakdown to see full details of your booking. If any of your booking details such as dates or children/young people attending need changing, select Edit Booking. If you do not want to complete the booking, click the red Remove Item button in the top corner. Once you are happy with the booking details, select Checkout.
- All HAF activities are completely free of charge, so you will not need to pay for anything. Select the Complete Booking button.
- Once the booking is complete a confirmation email will be received to the email address connected to the account.
Please email HAF@ealing.gov.uk explaining the error message you are getting. Please attach any relevant screenshots, as these will help us with your enquiry.
I am eligible and have a HAF/FSM code but the booking system says my children are not eligible for FSM?
This usually happens when you have not re-confirmed the FSM eligibility and the code in your account.
Please log in, go to participants and select 'Yes' to FSM and enter your HAF/FSM codes.
Please ensure you have entered your HAF code correctly. Only children and young people in receipt of benefits-related free school meals are eligible. If you have selected No when asked if your child is eligible for free school meals when registering, and you have not been given a HAF code, your child is not HAF eligible and they will not be able to book on. If you require further support, please email HAF@ealing.gov.uk.
Unless you have arranged with the provider to attend more hours that the HAF programme is offering, your attendance to HAF activities should be free of charge. If you still believe you are being charged, please email HAF@ealing.gov.uk for assistance.
How to Cancel your HAF Bookings
- To cancel sessions on the booking site, navigate to 'Account' on the top right, then click on 'Overview'.
- Within this page, there will be a list of bookings below. Select the booking that will be cancelled by clicking on 'View Details'.
- Once that is done, a 'Cancel Booking' button will be displayed at the top right hand side of screen.
- When clicked, a list of sessions will show. Select the sessions to cancel, then click on 'Cancel Selected Sessions', or, to cancel the entire booking, click on 'Cancel Entire Booking'.
- Once you have done this, the sessions will be successfully cancelled.
If session reminder emails are activated, then bookings can also be cancelled with a link provided in the email.
If the sibling who has not received their code is in school from reception to Y11, they can use the same code and the same school given to the child who has already received their code when booking. If the child is younger than reception age, they will only be able to attend HAF provision if your chosen HAF provider is able to accommodate the age of the child.
This will need to be discussed directly with your chosen HAF providers. If approved, the eligible child’s code can be used for the younger sibling.
Please email HAF@ealing.gov.uk with the following details, clearly stating in the subject line: Missing Code - Eligible
- Child’s Full Name:
- Date of Birth:
- Full Address & Postcode:
- Parent/Guardian's Email Address:
My child attends an out of borough school and has not received a HAF code, but they have siblings who attend an Ealing school and did receive a HAF code?
The same code can be used that was given to the eligible child attending an Ealing school.
My child attends an out of borough school and has not received a HAF code, but I am in receipt of benefits-related free school meals?
Please email HAF@ealing.gov.uk with the following details, clearly stating in the subject line: Missing code – Out of Borough School
- Child’s Full Name:
- Date of Birth:
- Full Address & Postcode:
- Parent's Email Address:
All children attending state-funded Primary Schools in London for the 2023-24 school year are eligible for the universal free school meals. Children in reception to year 2 who are eligible for the Universal Infant Free School Meals offer (UIFSM) or those in years 3-6 eligible for the Universal Free School Meals (UFSM) offer funded by the London Mayor for the 2023-24 school year are not eligible for the HAF Programme.
The HAF programme is aimed at children and young people in receipt benefits-related free school meals. If you are currently not in receipt of benefits-related free school meals, but think you may be eligible, you can visit Free School Meals | Ealing Directory (ealingfamiliesdirectory.org.uk) to find out more and apply.
My Y11 child was eligible for the HAF programme in Summer 2023, but they have now finished school – can they access future HAF programmes?
No. The HAF programme is aimed at children in reception to Year 11 who are currently in school and receiving benefits-related free school meals.