A Freedom Pass gives people with disabilities or visual impairments free travel on buses, underground, trains, trams and DLR services.
To qualify for a disabled persons freedom pass you must live within the Ealing borough and fall into one of the following categories:
- blind or partially sighted
- profoundly or severely deaf
- unable to speak
- has a disability, or has suffered an injury, which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on their ability to walk
- without arms or permanent loss of use in both arms
- registered as having a learning disability
- people who do not qualify for a driving license due to an illness or disability (except where this is due to misuse of drugs or alcohol)
You will need to complete an application form. Applications take approximately four to eight weeks to process from the date all documents have been received. If your application is approved the pass will be posted to your home address and should be received within ten working days.