The service provides supported self-care, disease specific, generalist, specialist, palliative care nursing and continued care for children and young people, aged 0 to 18 years*, in their own homes/schools. Nursing care is provided to children and families who need:
- acute short term interventions,
- support with complex healthcare needs,
- support with palliative and end-of-life care, or
- advice about management of care (aimed at parents, carers and patients).
The service also works closely with a range of specialist nurses to provide specialist healthcare support to children with:
- diabetes (aged 0-19 years)
- haemoglobinopathies (aged 0-18 years)
*The child must be a resident within the London Borough of Ealing (LBE) and registered with an Ealing GP.