The London Borough of Ealing has been given funding by the Department of Education to develop a new early intervention service.
The Building My Future (BMF) Team will offer intensive support, working with young people:
- Aged 11-25 years
- Resident in Ealing
- Who have learning difficulties (specific or general) and/or Autism / Asperger's
- Who may not have a formal diagnosis
The young person might:
- Have challenging behaviour
- Be missing out on education / employment
- Have mental health needs
- Or might be at risk of offending / getting into trouble
The BMF Team contains a mix of professionals; each with their expertise, such as clinial and educational psychologists, social workers, occupational and speech and language therapists, youth workers and a dietician.
BMF offers early help and support to young people, their families and the schools and colleges they attend.
Full information on how to access the service can be found on the Building My Future information page.