In Ealing, we want to ensure children in their early years receive the services and support they need to reach their full potential and get the very best start in life; so we've made changes to the way services work together.
Early Start Ealing is a service for families - pregnant mums, expectant dads, parents, babies and children up to the age of five; bringing together workers from children's centres, early years, health and other specialist services.
Early Start Ealing teams include:
- Health visitors and health visitor assistants
- Community nursery nurses
- Family support and family outreach workers
- Specialist workers including nurses from the Family Nurse Partnership, speech and language therapists, occupational therapists and social workers.
Early Start Ealing teams work with GPs, midwives, schools, family support services and more.
Services offered include:
- Breastfeeding support groups
- Health visitor services (including pregnancy, newborn baby and child development checks).
- Baby and child health clinics
- Help with postnatal depression
- Speech and language support
- Parenting support and groups
- Support for teenage parents
- Play and activity based sessions for children
Some activities are drop-ins and other are by appointment or referral.
For more information ask your local children's centre, talk to an Early Start Ealing team, or contact Ealing's Family Information Service.
Early Start Main Hub
firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 8102 5888
Health Visiting-Southall & West Ealing Team
Health Visiting-Acton & Central Ealing Team
Health Visiting-Northolt & Greenford Team
Ealing Family Information Service on 020 8825 5588 (Mon-Fri, 9am to 5pm)